- To showcase the church and its mission, life, witness and related activities by using the most effective means of communication.
- To keep the church informed in matters relating to church and community.
- Improve our voice and presence in the community in which we live.
- Spread the Gospel through any and all media forms, thus, expanding the Kingdom of God.
- Our commitment to communicate hope by focusing on the quality of life that is complete in Jesus Christ
- Our commitment to creative relevance (1 Cor. 9:19)
- Our commitment to standards of excellence (1 Cor. 3:13)
- Our commitment to express all communication in the context of the church’s strategic values of unity, growth and quality of life.
The department facilitates the following functions:
- News and information
- Public relations & Media Relations
- Media production services
- On-line services
- Develop and implement Public Relations program for the church, including community relations.
- Establish and facilitate Media Relations with outside media.
- Deliver current news and information through the church’s main Web site, and all other social media sties.
- Provide a Church/community newsletter.
- Facilitate media productions and development of communication resources
- Provide communication assistance to church administration, ministries and services.
HOW DO WE ENDEAVOR TO ACCOMPLISH SUCH TASKS:
Here at Brooklyn Faith, we strive to reach our members and community by utilizing all forms of media; this covers a bi-annual newsletter in printed and online form filled with events and recent happenings. We have joined the World Wide Web and ensured that you can reach us on our church website www.brooklynfaith.org, our Facebook page (Brooklyn Faith Seventh-day Adventist Church), and on Twitter and Instagram (BklynFaithSDA). We communicate with our members and visitors by using a mass alert system sending voice calls, text, and emails-making sure communication is personal yet professional, and a constant in the life of our members. Live streaming of our worship services can be viewed online at our church website listed above and also on www.praizevision.com reaching thousands of viewers all over the world. Sermons are archived and DVD’s are available on request. We rigorously promote our events and happening in the local church, Area, and Conference. We utilize promotional videos showcasing our church worship experience.
We are in the process of enhancing our technology to cover more areas and reach more forms of communication to deliver the message of God’s soon return. We have covered so much ground, but still have a distance ahead with the ever improving world of technology, we hope to utilize to our benefit all that is offered. Look for exciting changes ahead.
MEET THE TEAM:
Director: Elder Ann Hamilton
Assistant Directors: Alexa Joseph, Emma Serrant & Tonianne Dryden
- Paul Ewen - Audio
- Jason Dryden - Church Website
- Dalia Herry - Easy Worship
- Reginald Prendergast - Video
- Omar Barrows - Tri-Caster
- Lurry Bobb - Floor Manager