Personal Ministries is a facet of the church whose origin can be traced to the beginning of Seventh-day Adventist® history in the 1860s. It endeavors to inspire, motivate, equip, train, and mobilize all members for dynamic Christian service with the conviction that “The church of Christ is organized for service” (Ministry of Healing, p. 148) and “Every son and daughter of God is called to be a missionary; we are called to the service of God and our fellow men” (The Ministry of Healing, p. 395).
AT BROOKLYN FAITH
The Personal Ministry department of Brooklyn Fiath has embarked on a training program for individuals who are interested in learning " How to give a bible study" There are 13 members enrolled and classes are ongoing. The aim of this program is to help our members to create meaningful bible studies with people in and around their communities in a systematic way and to ultimately win them for the Lord.
The department has also acquired new T Shirts for the Community Care Group with a printed logo on the front and bearing the name, "Brooklyn Faith SDA Community Care Group" This group will minister to people in and around our community in the area of Health, Cleaning and fixing at no cost whatsoever. The T Shirts will be worn when the group is on mission. The aim of this group is to make friends with people in the community and to bring the gospel to them in a more practical way as Jesus would. The group will start it's mission on April 10, 2016 with the cleaning of East 56th St and handing out literature and praying for individuals on the block.
There is an effort also to revive Small Group Ministries with the elders taking the lead. Members are asked to seek enrollment in these groups by contacting any of the elders of the church.
The purpose of the Small Group Ministries is to help our members to create good relationships with each other and with the Lord by sharing, caring, prayer and bible studies. This will bring a more cohesive bonding among our members and will help to win souls for the Lord.
There will be a revival series starting May 14, 2016 on the Ten Commandments to be held at the Brooklyn Faith SDA Church and will be conducted by Elder Lebert McBean. Please pray that the Lord will bless this effort and that a revival and a reformation will be effected in our church.
For more information on these programs please contact Elder Lebert McBean at the church or call 347-207-2277.
RESOURCES & SUGGESTED READINGS:
- Friendship visitation. See Christian Service, pages 113-131.
- Community religious survey. See Witnessing for Christ, pages 35-41, 74.
- Radio-TV survey. See Personal Ministries leaflet Discover Bible School.
- Community Services survey. See Personal Ministries leaflet Community Services.
- Bible correspondence school enrollments. See Personal Ministries leaflet Discover Bible School.
- Missionary journal distribution. See Personal Ministries leaflet Visiting With Literature.
- Literature distribution. See Personal Ministries leaflet Visiting With Literature.
- Welfare approach. See Personal Ministries leaflet Community Services.
- Temperance approach. This could include Five-Day Plans and temperance literature, including Listen.
- Health approach. This could include health screenings, cooking classes, and health literature, including Life and Health.
- Lending library for books or cassettes. Lend cassettes or books to interested persons in conjunction with weekly visits.
- Give Bible Plan. See Witnessing for Christ, pages 51-53, and Personal Ministries leaflet Bible Studies.
- Ingathering. See Personal Ministries leaflet Ingathering Evangelism.
- Audio-visual Bible studies. See Personal Ministries leaflet Discover Bible School and Bible Studies.